Sometimes you just need to spoil yourself … and here’s a terrific, healthy recipe to scratch that itch. Elk Chops Baked in a Wood Fire Oven Over a Bed of Arugula, Shaved Cauliflower and Heirloom Tomatoes by Alessandro Pirozzi
- (2) 6 oz Elk Chops
- 4 cups organic arugula
- 2 cups organic, shaved green, purple and yellow rainbow cauliflower
- 1 heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ of a medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed avocado oil
- 1T Calabria Chili infused oil
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup walnuts
- Toss elk in 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, season with salt and roast in a wood fire oven, grill or bake to medium rare.
- Layer the vegetables on two plates starting with the heirloom tomatoes, then cauliflower, arugula and avocado.
- Dress with one tablespoon of the avocado oil, set aside.
- When the chops are done, slice and lay over the greens.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil, and add the chili oil to taste.
Serves 2 very healthy people.